Round 1 of the r/NFL QB rankings has completed, and the turnout was far better than I imagined. We saw a total of 13,761 votes cast, and actually got some pretty clear cut tiers. Here are the 5 tiers and the QBs in each one. Tier 2 is by far the largest, housing 13 QBs.
- Tier 1 - Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan
- Tier 2 - Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck, Eli Manning, Marcus Mariota, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford, Russell Wilson, Jameis Winston
- Tier 3 - Sam Bradford, Carson Palmer, Alex Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Carson Wentz
- Tier 4 - Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, Jared Goff, Cody Kessler, Trevor Siemian, Tyrod Taylor
- Tier 5 - Brian Hoyer, Josh McCown, Tom Savage
In the next stage of voting, we are going to go ahead and vote for tiers 5 & 4, as otherwise we'd have a very small poll involving only 3 QBs. In this part, you will assign the rank for each QB. I am using a similar grid style to the previous poll, however you if you try to rank more than 1 QB per position (i.e. try to put multiple QBs in the 32nd position), you will receive an error message in that poll box to please only pick one option per column and will not be able to submit your results.
For full disclosure, here was the final vote count of each tier, along with the score each QB got based on a formula I created. The formula is simple, 5 points for each Tier 1 vote, 4 for each Tier 2, and so on. With this formula, we could have actually split tier 2 in half (there is a clear break between Rivers and Winston), and if people like the idea, I might do that for the tier 2 round of voting. Also, here is a link to the actual poll results.
|Quarterback||Tier 1 (Formerly Elite Starter)||Tier 2 (Formerly Franchise Starter)||Tier 3 (Formerly Above Average Starter)||Tier 4 (Formerly Serviceable Starter)||Tier 5 (Formerly Should Be Replaced)||Score|
Submitted July 03, 2017 at 09:01AM by d1dOnly
via reddit http://ift.tt/2siH6HJ